The purpose of this policy is to establish a standard of conduct to ensure that personnel at Encompass Medical Experts Inc., act in the best interests of the company and its clients and, in pursuing this goal, maintain standards relating to the Code of Conduct.
The following Code of Conduct (“the Code”) is designed to allow our organization to preserve its integrity and credibility with the clients and within our company. This Code applies to all direct service programs such as: Our employees (permanent full-time, hourly, fixed term contract, permanent part-time) and professional resources.
The Code is organized into categories, as follows:
- Always act with fairness, honesty, integrity and openness; respect the opinions of others and treat all with equality and dignity without regard to gender, race, colour, creed, ancestry, place or origin, political beliefs, religion, marital status, disability, age, or sexual orientation.
- Promote the mission and objectives of Encompass Medical Experts Inc., in all dealings with claimants/evaluees, clients and within Encompass Medical Experts Inc.
- Provide a positive and valued experience for those receiving service within and outside Encompass Medical Experts Inc.
- Act with honesty and integrity and in accordance with any professional standards and/or governing laws and legislation that have application to the responsibility you perform for or on the behalf of Encompass Medical Experts Inc. Encompass Medical Experts Inc. is a national organization with regional and branch operations. Encompass Medical Experts Inc.’s Human Resource policies apply to all employees. Policies are reviewed every 3 years or sooner if an issue arises with its interpretation and use.
- Comply with both the letter and the spirit of any training or orientation provided to you by Encompass Medical Experts Inc., in connection with those responsibilities.
- Adhere to the policies and procedures of Encompass Medical Experts Inc.
- Take responsibility for your actions and decisions. Follow reporting lines to facilitate the effective resolution of problems. Ensure that you do not exceed the authority of your position.
CONFLICT OF INTEREST
Conflict of Interest arises when a person participates in a decision about a matter (including any contract or arrangement of employment, service agreement, sale or provision of goods and services) which may benefit or be seen to benefit that person of his/her direct or indirect monetary or financial interests affected by or involved in the matter.
It is the duty of any person taking part in the operations of Encompass Medical Experts Inc., to adhere to the Code of Conduct Policy at all times. In the event that such a matter arises, the person shall formally disclose the interest, refrain from attempting to persuade or influence other persons participating in the decision, and shall not cast any vote on the matter.
- Respect and maintain the confidentiality of information gained as an employee, including, but not limited to, all computer software and files, Encompass Medical Experts Inc., business documents and printouts, including patient and client information.
- Respect and maintain the confidentiality of each individual patient or claimant, client or evaluator.
PERSONAL OR SEXUAL HARASSMENT
Sexual harassment is any conduct, comment, gesture or contact of a sexual nature that one would find to be unwanted or unwelcome by any individual, or that might, on reasonable grounds, be perceived by that individual as placing a condition of sexual nature on an employment or career development.
Personal harassment means any conduct whether verbal or physical that is discrimination in nature, based upon another person’s race, colour, ancestry, place of origin, political beliefs, religion, marital status, physical or mental disability, sex, age or sexual orientation. It is discriminatory behaviour, directed at any individual that is unwanted or unwelcome and causes substantial distress in that person and serves no legitimate work-related purpose.
Encompass Medical Experts Inc. has a zero tolerance policy with respect to Personal/Sexual Harassment. Personal/Sexual Harassment in any form is strictly prohibited and may be grounds for termination as an employee, immediate dismissal for just cause without notice or pay in lieu of notice.
Behavioural Standards helps our organization make appropriate decisions when issues involve ethical practices. The intention of behavioural standards is to provide guidance to support daily decisions and minimize potential risks. Our staff, including executive management, management, and employees, must adhere to the following standards:
- Must not engage in any criminal activity and comply with all relevant laws, regulations, policies and procedures.
- Must not use their status or position within our organization to influence or gain or benefit for themselves, their families, their business partners or associates or others with whom they have a personal or business relationship.
- Contributes to a safe and health workplace that is free from discrimination, harassment or violence.
- Must not use drugs or alcohol in a way that affects their performance and safety of their fellow colleagues, clients, and persons served or that negatively impacts the reputation or operations of the company.
- Must act in a professional manner at all times to everyone they engage with daily including claimants/evaluees, clients, colleagues and medical professionals.
Strict observation of the Code is fundamental to the activity and reputation of Encompass Medical Experts Inc. It is essential that all direct service program employees providing face-to-face contact with our clients adhere to this Code. They will certify this by signing a Declaration that they have read and will abide by this Code.
The Human Resources Manual gives further details of this and other policies and procedures of our organization. Management has the responsibility of ensuring compliance with all Codes and Policies of Encompass Medical Experts Inc.